Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Fall...what fall?

I love fall, it should be here, except I live in Florida where fall is just something we hear about that happens in other parts of this country. We had 2 days last week that were cool enough that I could open the windows, this week, record temps (it was 100 here today!!!).

Today would have been my Grandmother's birthday, I think this is why I love fall so much, my mom's parents lived in Hiawassee, GA so we would always make a trip to the north GA mountains near the beginning of October. We would drive all around looking at the beautiful colors on the trees and enjoy the cool weather (and miss a few days of school!!) We would buy corn stalks (and this one time, we drove a station wagon that we nicknamed the Wallywagon b/c we wrapped those corn stalks and placed them on top of the car, and if you could have seen the looks we got traveling home on I-75 (think Griswalds). Good times!), go to craft fairs and spend time out by the lake and just have fun with Grandpa and Grandma. Anyways, back to Grandma, she is now celebrating her birthday in the presence of Jesus, how awesome is that?

So, in other random news, I finally started a twitter account. I figure if my mother can set one up, it's about time I caught up on the times :) Plus, Kasey has a twitter account, hehehe :D

1 comment:

Paul said...

I'm from Leesburg transplanted to South Dakota a long long time ago. We didn't hardley even have any 90 degrees days this past summer, now it has already snowed, yuck