Friday, September 4, 2009

Small Town Weekend

And I was so determined that I was going to post and not go several days without a post, and now I've gone more than a week. Oops. Today is the first home game for the local high school football team. I was planning to go with my sister (her husband helps coach the team), but she just called in a panic, so I think I'm going over there to help her out. At least for a little while, I may still end up at the game at some point tonight.

The last week and a half I have been totally consumed with reading Pioneer Woman's blog. I asked a friend how in the world did I not know about this before? Wow, she is such an amazing writer, and so hilarious! Of course like every other single female who makes their way to her website, I totally think Cowboy Josh is cute. But seriously, who wouldn't think that? I'm trying to be nice and not stalk her, kinda hard, but I believe it can be done.

I mentioned in my last post that I was going to attempt to make aprons. Well, I started last Saturday and got it all basted together (that's as far as I got) and I haven't touched it since. Oh well, I'm going to take full advantage of a 3 day weekend and finish this one and make the kid's apron to match. Nana (my dad's mom) has already laid claims to the first one, and since she helped me so much in getting it this far done, I think that is only fair.

Well, I'm off for a typical small town Friday night. Football! Should be an interesting night!

No comments: